What is Google Maps marketing?
If you are a local business there is no more important time than today to market your business online. Google Maps integrates with your Google My Business listing so now is the time to create, review or update your listing.
The vast majority of people use Google to find a business that is located near them. Is your business being found locally?
When you search with local intent (using a suburb) in the query you will likely get a Google Maps result. Try it! What do you notice?
Google Maps gives your business visibility and more than 80% of people choose to use a business they find in these results.
Google My Business
It goes without saying that every business should have a Google My Business listing. Especially since it is free and easy to do yourself and it will increase your business rankings, traffic and ultimately revenue.
You can display your:
- Business name
- Business description
- Phone number
- Business category or industry
- Locations that you serve
- Business hours
- Products and services
- And much more depending on your industry!
Reviews remain important
It remains important that you build reviews for your business, and it is vital for a lot of business. Having reviews offers customer experience and social proof of your business. Google is not concerned with who has the most reviews.
They are concerned with:
- Does the review have a star rating
- What is the wording like
- The overall star rating for the business
- Consistency of receiving reviews
- The overall sentiment of the reviews
So, regular ask for reviews and reply to them as you receive them. Share them on your other channels too.
Optimising for Google Maps
- Ensure all your business information is filled out
- Make sure you are verified with Google
- Get more reviews for your business
- Build local links – Link your business with other local non competing businesses. You can do this with content exchanges or review exchanges for example.
- Report Spam – If you see spam business taking up all the space in the map results, report them. Click on suggest an edit and go through the process of suggesting what is incorrect.
- Add new photos regularly
- Use your profile to share content, offers and more, just like other social media profiles.
Start using Google Maps marketing today
Utilising tools like Google My Business means that you are exposing your business online to your ideal clients in the places they are looking for a business like yours. There is always more you can be doing to grow your online presence and it is important to make time to do just that.
If you need help with any of your digital marketing contact Kelly @ My Sassy Business
Subscribe to receive blogs like this straight to your inbox.
[gravityform id=”2″ title=”true” description=”true”]
Subscribe to our articles
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Digital Marketing, Small Business and more...
Don't worry we will never spam you or sell your information to others.