What is conversion rate optimisation
Conversion rate optimisation or CRO is to increase the number of visitors to your website that takes action.
This action can be:
- Purchasing a product
- Subscribing to your service
- Requesting a quote
- Subscribing to an email list
- Adding your product to a cart
In a perfect world, CRO is used in conjunction with SEO and any other marketing efforts to elicit action from your website visitors. It is one thing to drive people to your website but you want as many people as possible to take action when they are there.
CRO is not just for big business – Every small business that gets one visitor to their website has the chance to convert that visitor. How is your website working for you?
Is your website optimised for conversions?
What is a website conversion rate
Actual conversions divided by visits to your website. These can be broken down into various areas depending on your business. Remember that this is the conversions once you have the visitor to your website.
Do you know what your conversion rate is?
Conversion for your business
If you have been working on marketing your business and you have traffic coming to your website you need to think about CRO. It is vital that you think about your business and if you are getting traffic to your website what is making people convert or what could be stopping them converting.
- Ensure your website is connected to Google Analytics and Search console – both free
- Look at your home page (this will be your most popular page) is it driving people through your website to convert them
- What calls to action do you have on and throughout your website
- Run A and B testing with landing pages
- Could you offer product demos or free trails to aid conversions
- Do you have a workflow for your sales process
- How easy is it to get in touch with your business
- How fast do you respond
- If you write blogs – which one is your most popular and is it optimised
- Utilise retargeting
Do you need help with your conversion rates?
If you enjoyed this blog – make sure you subscribe.
[gravityform id=”2″ title=”true” description=”true”]