How long have you been using social media for your small business?
How many changes have you seen over the years?
- Chronological feed
- Great reach to no reach
- Great engagement to no engagement
- Post 3 times each day to post daily
- Paid advertising is not needed, now to paid ads almost being essential in your plan.
Over the years of social media, there have been A LOT of changes, and they continue to change across the platforms. As users of social media, it is our obligation to ensure that we get onboard and embrace the features that work for us as business owners.
What is social media outreach?
Let’s look at what it isn’t – It isn’t sending unsolicited transaction spam messages
- Forming new relationships
- Creating awareness for your business
- Showing you are visible online
- Showing you have an interest in others
How do you outreach on social media?
All social media varies a little, so here are some tips.
You must ensure that you use your business’s social media account, not your personal account unless it is your LinkedIn profile.
Instagram – LinkedIn – Facebook
- Like and reply to comments
- Like and comment on other people’s posts, reels and stories
- Follow people you are generally interested in
- DO NOT use the follow unfollow method
- Reply to genuine private messages promptly
- Join groups on Facebook and Linkedin that may be relevant to your business. Remember to engage in these groups, so you are visible.
Are you using Twitter, Pinterest, Tictok or others – the rules are similar for outreach; you need to do more than just post on social media.
Are your profiles ready for social media outreach?
When you are more visible online, people are going to be looking at your profiles.
- Ensure you have a great profile image that is not blurry or pixelated
- Explain who you are and what you offer
- Link to your website, email, phone number, location
- Show personality where you can – People look for likeminded people
Don’t forget about paid ads
Paid ads on social media are a form of social media outreach. Platforms like Facebook have comprehensive targeting options to get your ads in front of your ideal clients.
You must know what you want people to do when you are creating your ads, do you want them to:
- Call you
- Buy from your website
- Follow your account
- Check out your services
Is it time that you worked on growing your presence online?
Social media posts and social media outreach are the perfect tools to make your business more visible in the online space.
Whether you choose to do it yourself, outsource it, or a combination of both, social media is social, and you need to ensure that you are being social with it.
Outreach is essential on Social Media – At My Sassy Business, we offer both posting options and outreach options that can be tailored to your business.
Contact Kelly @ My Sassy Business today.