How much does SEO cost?
SEO comes with variations in prices just like any other product or service.
It can be a labyrinth of choice when deciding who to choose.
When deciding which SEO provider to go with, you need to consider the things that matter to you and your business.
- What is cheap SEO for one business may not be cheap SEO for another company!
- It is essential not to be naive regarding SEO, as, just like any industry, there are plenty of not-so-great operators.
- There are always going to be people who will over-promise and under-deliver.
- Be wary when you are offered guarantees, as no SEO provider controls what Google will do. If you are signing a contract with someone who tells you that guarantee, make sure it is written in the small print, so you have recourse.
- Is your SEO provider in Australia, and do they complete the work in-house?
Some people will use old SEO practices.
- Even local providers are using old techniques and are not up to date with the latest recommendations. I have heard and seen many horror stories and false promises.
Some people will outsource overseas, and the overseas provider uses old automated spam techniques.
- Bad backlinks are one example, and the use of automated spam tools is another. Both can get you banned from Google.
Some providers insist you use Google Ads as part of your SEO campaign.
- While your SEO may be cheap, they may recommend you spend up each month on Google Ads. Ensure your ad costs are paid directly to Google, so you know what you are paying for.
Some providers guarantee you page one for specific terms.
- Google is not just about one term or even a list of 10 words. Every person searching for something online types a different query into Google, so the terms are not always the same. Plus your Google search results are based on your previous searches and your location among other things.
Some SEO providers will give you incredibly detailed reports each month, 20 pages in length or more.
- If you read the report, do you understand it?
- Is this report, that you are paying for, worthwhile?
A lengthy report that you probably won’t read means nothing if the phone isn’t ringing!
How do you decide?
What do you want?
- Do you want increased sales?
- A report on your current website?
- Ongoing SEO work?
- Content Marketing?
- An increase in overall rankings?
- Brand awareness?
- All of the above?
Speak to a few operators
- Compare apples with apples.
- Ask people for recommendations but remember that what works for one may not work for another as industry success varies along with the budget, and every business is very different.
- Ask about their understanding of your industry.
- Make sure they do the work in-house if that is important to you.
- Ask about minimum contract time.
- Know your budget and see if it fits their recommendations for your wants and needs.
- Is their focus around you achieving your goals for your business?
- Ask where they get most of their new business from – Is it Google?
- Do they contribute to the industry through their blog, social media and more?
Are you looking for a local SEO provider you can trust?
How much does SEO cost – Look at our prices to give you an idea of the monthly costs.
If you enjoyed this blog – make sure you subscribe.