Avoid these small business mistakes
Have you been in business for a while and perhaps being to feel a little complacent? Do you ignore or forget to do certain things you know you should be doing?
When was the last time you asked yourself – Why should people buy from my business? This is probably one of the most essential questions you need to ask yourself? And you must have answers to this question. What is your value proposition?
Here are a few reminders
- You need to look after both new and old customers in exactly the same way.
- How easy is it for customers to both contact you and to find you in the first place?
- How fast do you reply when you receive an email?
- When do you engage with your customers?
- What is your customer experience like?
- Replying to all reviews and comments for your business.
- Sharing testimonials on your website, social and newsletters.
Chasing the sales
- Cash comes from sales, so if you don’t get enough sales you don’t get enough cash.
- Do you know what your conversion rate is? How can you improve it?
- Are you focused on other areas and forgetting to chase the sale?
- Have you thought about new ways you can generate sales?
Review the stats
- What are your website traffic numbers like?
- Are you running ads regularly? What are the statistics from your ads?
- What are you doing to generate more followers?
- How many subscribers do you have and when did you last email them?
- Do you spend too much time worrying about what your competitors are doing?
- It is important to keep an eye on what they are doing but don’t become obsessed?
- Check out what looks good and what needs improvement!
- Notice your competitors mistakes and learn to avoid them yourself.
Snooze and you will lose
- Never avoid technology as it could let your competitors leap ahead of you.
- Dive in and use automation, live chat, mobile app or anything else that will work for your business.
- Ensure that your website is up to date.
- Make sure your equipment, including computers, are also up to date and working well.
Easy to show you the money
- Back to the first point about forgetting your customers – how easy is it for people to pay you?
- Credit cards, Cash, Direct Credit, Direct Debit, Afterpay, PayPal etc.
You may be missing one or all these items but there is always room for improvement. Take the time to review your business and see how you can do things better.
Contact Kelly @ My Sassy Business for help in any or all of these areas.
Make sure you subscribe
[gravityform id=”2″ title=”true” description=”true”]