Why you need Google My Business
Google My Business (GMB) is a free tool from Google which is easy to use and helps to manage your online presence in Google. It helps with your appearance in both Google Search and Google Maps and gives you the appearance that you may have seen for other businesses when you have done a Google Search. Shown to the right of your search results when you are on a desktop and often the top result when you are on a mobile device.
As you can see from my screenshot – you get a quick list of valuable information.
- Contact details
- Phone number
- Map location
- And more
All this combines to give you increased visibility in the search results, a better experience for your potential clients and more traffic to your business. Who doesn’t want that!
Remember that the more Google knows about your business the easier it is for Google to have your business appear in the search results. Optimising your GMB listing is just one of the ways you can help Google work for your business.
- Make sure you complete all the information
- Is your GMB listing up to date
- Check your phone, hours and business category
- Add some more photos for your business – inside and out, products and more. Businesses with photos get 35% more clicks to their website than businesses without photos.
- Upload videos – yes you can also upload videos to GMB
- Remember to ask people for reviews on your business and make sure that you respond to all of them.
- Add your business description – This will help with your search rankings in Google
- Regularly post updates to your GMB profile – Blog articles, company news, ebooks, events, offers and product promotions.
Local business with a storefront
GMB is even more important when you have the need for foot traffic. Shops need people, restaurants need diners etc. The search for the details of businesses nearby is HUGE on mobile devices – Is your business appearing when someone searches?
So as you can see your Google My Business profile is essential and it is important for you to ensure that your business details are up to date. Especially your hours and contact information!
Do you have a GMB listing and is it up to date?
Contact My Sassy Business for all your Digital Marketing needs to ensure that you are getting in front of your ideal clients every day.
Make sure you subscribe
[gravityform id=”2″ title=”true” description=”true”]